WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal visits New Eyes for the Needy in Short Hills

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal visits New Eyes for the Needy in Short Hills

Executive Director Susan Dyckman and Board President Clelia Biamonti welcome Jake Gyllenhaal to New Eyes for the Needy
Monday, on 24th May 2010


"Actor Jake Gyllenhaal took time away from his busy schedule to visit New Eyes for the Needy on Monday, May 24 to meet with volunteers and staff.
"Jake has been a great advocate for New Eyes for several years now", said Susan Dyckman, Executive Director of New Eyes for the Needy. "He has been instrumental to New Eyes’ fundraising through his help in gaining foundation grants - and with his celebrity, he has raised national awareness of New Eyes by promoting our cause in magazine profiles."
Mr. Gyllenhaal’s connection to the Short Hills nonprofit goes back many years. "I’ve had really poor vision ever since I was a little kid - my mom first took me to the doctor because I was smacking into walls - and every time my prescription changed, we gave my old glasses to New Eyes" Mr. Gyllenhaal said to InStyle magazine last year. "So when I started looking for a cause that I had a strong visceral connection to, I thought of it and wanted to help bring awareness to its work."
Mr. Gyllenhaal mingled with volunteer and staff members, speaking to all and thanking them for the important work they do. He pledged to further his commitment to help New Eyes. "Indeed," said Clelia Biamonti, Board President of New Eyes, "Jake has agreed to chair the newly formed Advisory Committee for New Eyes. We are lucky and happy to have Jake on our side- encouraging us and believing in the work we do!"
Source: thealternativepress.com

Jake Gyllenhaal in New Eyes For The Needy on 24th May, 2010 Location: Short Hills, NJ

No comments :