WEIRDLAND: Kristen learning about Robert Pattinson before "Twilight"

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kristen learning about Robert Pattinson before "Twilight"

Eddie Redmayne & Kristen Stewart at the premiere of "The Yellow Handkerchief" on 18th February 2010.

"Kristen Stewart was a pre-“Twilight” 17 years old when she filmed the coming of age drama “The Yellow Handkerchief” with British actor Eddie Redmayne in New Orleans, a film due out later this month. But the two stars revealed to AccessHollywood.com on Thursday that Kristen learned her first details about her then-upcoming co-star Robert Pattison from Eddie, who turned out to be a R-Patz pal.

“Randomly, at the end of this, you were about to do ‘Twilight’, Eddie said, turning to his “Handkerchief” co-star Kristen during Access’ interview. “I had known Rob since I was [younger]. So I was like, ‘Yeah! You’re working with my mate Rob!’ You’re like, ‘Really? What’s he like?’ I was like, ‘He’s a good boy.’”“I sort of got from [Eddie] that they were friends for a long time and he wasn’t going to say anything bad about him. Even if there was something bad, it was just sort of like, ‘Yeah, it’ll be good’, Kristen laughed.

Eddie confirmed he and his British boys club buddies stick together, a group that includes Eddie, R-Patz and “Vanity Fair” actor Tom Sturridge.

“They’re like, so almost incestuous,” Kristen said.
“It is incestuous,” Eddie laughed. “Rob and Tommy Sturridge and I – we’ve all been at it for a while now and it [is] so funny what happens when you start doing the jobs and you work with other people and you realize the whole industry is incredibly incestuous.”
While Eddie didn’t have his triumvirate on set with him on “The Yellow Handkerchief,” which also stars Maria Bello and William Hurt in a troubled love story, the Brit was taken into a new group – the Stewart Family.
Due to her age at the time, Kristen’s family lived with her while she played the part of Martine, a lost 15-year-old, and when they realized Eddie was an Englishman alone in New Orleans, they took him out.“I remember your family [was] there as well. I was like, all by myself and Kristen kept thinking I was this sort of lost British loner, but I remember it was Mother’s Day or something and we went into The Quarter…”

“And had brunch,” Kristen chimed in.

“Her family invited me to Mother’s Day,” Eddie said smiling.
”[Eddie was] living in New Orleans in an apartment – he’s not been in that city before. I was like, ‘God, you’re alone. I have my parents and my brothers,’” she recounted. “Now I would be like, I have to…”

“Get away,” Eddie filled in.

“You need concentration,” Kristen added of how she focuses on work. “It’s like, I need to get as close to him as I possibly can, so I don’t need my brother being like, ‘When are you coming home?’”
Source: www.accesshollywood.com


"It wasn't until "Handkerchief" hit Sundance in 2008 that she was even cast in the "Twilight Saga" films. But with all due respect to her producer, Stewart disagreed with his thoughts on which role was more difficult to pull off."No, I would say definitely not," Stewart insisted, claiming that Bella is the more complicated portrayal from an actor's point of view. "It's so hard to compare roles — this was difficult for other reasons.
"It was so much smaller, it was so personal," Kristen remembered of the "Handkerchief" shoot in New Orleans in 2007.
"Bella has definitely got more [complexity]," Stewart said of the iconic "Twilight" role that made her a household name. "Bella has more to do. [As an audience member], you're with her for years of her life; you're with this girl for two weeks — not even, a week." Source: www.mtv.com

No comments :