WEIRDLAND: 'Alice in Wonderland' Trailer 5

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

'Alice in Wonderland' Trailer 5

Tim Burton shooting "Alice in Wonderland" with Mia Wasikowska, January 2010.


Starring: Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Crispin Glover

Mia Wasikowska, cover of Teen vogue, March 2010.

Q: Describe the character you play.

Anne Hathaway: I play the White Queen. When I was trying to work her out, I kept saying to myself, ‘She is a punk-rock, vegan pacifist.’ So I listened to a lot of Blondie, I watched a lot of Greta Garbo movies, and I looked at a lot of the artwork of Dan Flavin. Then a little bit of Norma Desmond got thrown in there, too. And she just kind of emerged. And I really like her. When I first came onboard the project, Tim talked a lot about the relationship between the sisters, and that really opened the character up to me a lot. She comes from the same gene pool as the Red Queen. She really likes the dark side, but she’s so scared of going too far into it that she’s made everything appear very light and happy. But she’s living in that place out of fear that she won’t be able to control herself. There’s a lot to play around in. It was awesome. I had so much fun.

Q: What are you wearing in this movie?
Anne Hathaway: I’m wearing a dress designed by Colleen Atwood. It’s grand and the most fragile dress I’ve ever worn in my life. I love it so much. It’s beautiful. If you ever had a dream of being any kind of fairy princess, this is the dress you would wear. I love the idea that it’s this idealized, fairy-tale Queen, but it is in a Tim Burton movie, so there’s darkness mixed up with it as well.
Anne Hathaway presenting the nominations to Oscars 2010.

Q: What do audiences have to look forward to with this film?
Anne Hathaway: Because the world of this film begins and ends in the imagination of Tim Burton, you’re not seeing a movie that’s been shot on locations that you’ve seen a million times. Because this world has no rules, you’re seeing so many different and separate brushstrokes and colors and characterizations somehow getting combined through Tim. And what I think you’re getting is an absolute exploration of the imagination. I think that’s the essence of the book, and I think that’s the spirit Tim’s brought to the film. Everybody on the film was so clever, so creative, so imaginative-and I think that’s what the film is about-how can we tell a story that honors the imagination in the most imaginative way humanly possible? And that’s such a fantastic idea.
Source: www.collider.com

Johnny Depp’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’ has been written around a “completely new” storyline.The 46-year-old actor – who stars alongside Anne Hathaway and Mia Wasikowska in the upcoming Tim Burton film – has revealed the movie will contain plenty of new twists, plots and visuals and is not solely based on the original story.

“It doesn’t look like any ‘Alice in Wonderland’ that’s ever been before. It’s a completely new story – it’s Alice returning back to Wonderland.”

“We took the combination of this classic story and new technology and pushed it into something like nothing you’ve ever seen before.”
Source: www.imnotobsessed.com

No comments :