WEIRDLAND: Robert & Kristen: Harper's Bazaar's Interview

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Robert & Kristen: Harper's Bazaar's Interview

"Even though she was born and bred in chillaxed Los Angeles, Kristen is an intense young lady — and the shock of unruly black hair she currently has (a legacy from her role as Joan Jett in the upcoming The Runaways) does nothing to dispel that perception. Some Twilight fans were upset about their Bella turning into a noir-haired badass, but rest assured she’ll be wearing a wig in Eclipse. “I think it’s ridiculous that you need to look a certain way to be conventionally pretty,” she declares, then smiles, “but now that my hair’s grown out and shaggy, it sort of looks a little funny. I’ll admit that.” Kristen swears like a sailor and feels everything 200 percent. “She’s a unique girl” says Rob simply. “You really don’t meet many people like Kristen.”Of the two, it seems Kristen wears the pants. (While she will admit to one girlish thing, a love of Chanel, her dream outfit is a custom Brooks Brothers suit.) When she ventures into a dress, it might just be covered in metal, like the Rock & Republic mini she wore to the Teen Choice Awards earlier this year. “Everyone was like, ‘Look at your spiky skirt!’” she says with a grin, “and I was like, ‘Spiky skirt? They were bullets, mofo!’” She gets some stick in the media for not suffering fools. “People think I’m trying to be rebellious, but that’s the last thing I’m doing,” she says. “But I would hate myself if I tried to satisfy the people who have a problem with the way I speak about myself, so it’s okay.”“Kristen doesn’t take any slack,” Rob says. “She sticks to her guns — and that’s difficult to do.” He also thinks she’s a better actor than he is. “I don’t really know how to act. I’m kind of guessing everything. … Even though I can conceptualize stuff, she can actually do it. I can make something so complex and then be like, That was pout 27.” He reckons she’s a better judge of character too. “She’ll decide on someone a lot quicker. She has a lot more self-esteem than I do, so she’s like, ‘You’re an idiot and I don’t want to talk to you,’ and I’m like, ‘I’m an idiot too!’ So I’ll talk to an idiot for like three days before deciding.”That handicap aside, Rob is gloriously handsome. The planes of his face work beautifully in 3-D, 2-D, probably 1-D too. But in person, he doesn’t have a whole lot of game. He is self-deprecating to a fault. (During the interview, he refers to himself as an idiot a half dozen times.) He also maintains, in all seriousness, that he’s never broken up with a girl; they’ve always broken up with him. “Eventually, the girl is like, ‘I know it’s got nothing to do with me. You’re an?…? idiot”.
Source: robertpattinson-online.com

No comments :