WEIRDLAND: Coolness factor

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Coolness factor

"Donnie Darko" (2001)/Jake Gyllenhaal
"Jake Gyllenhaal is a revelation in the title role. He manages to make Donnie this amazing amalgam of cool, ennui, geekiness and scariness that’s unexpected, but works to a tee. Jena Malone as Gretchen, the one person who really understands Donnie, is in a sense his female doppelganger, but without his more extreme traits". Source: Urbancinefile.com.au"Brick" (2005) /Joseph Gordon Levitt
"Brendan's is a cynical universe, in which everyone protects their own, but also one in which people are concerned with more than who's dating who and who's on "American Idol." Everyone is cool, and no one is cool. It's the vision of what every high school student wishes to be".
Source: www.combustiblecelluloid.com"Superbad" (2007)/Michael Cera
"I think it's great how Evan is portrayed as the good guy and remains the good guy. He tries to be cool but it doesn't suit him. He doesn't even look cool when he acts cool. It's the awkwardness he goes through that wins the audiences attention because they all can relate to him". Source: www.la2day.com"Almost Famous" (2000) /Patrick Fugit
"They make you feel cool. And hey. I met you. You are not cool".
-Lester Bangs.
"I know. Even when I thought I was, I knew I wasn't".

-William Miller.

No comments :