WEIRDLAND: Soundscapes video - by Ace Norton

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Soundscapes video - by Ace Norton

Sylvia Plath is one of my favourite poetresses, she really defied the conventions of her time ("the blood jet is poetry, there is not stopping it" is reallyone of the most shocking verses I've read, they belong to her poem "Kindness"). I recommend you (if you hasn't done yet) reading "Ariel: The Restored Text" (her masterpiece in poetry / she also wrote prose as "The Bell Jar") which contains her best poems.

As example, this is one of her cool poems:

THE HANGING MAN

"By the roots of my hair some god got hold of me.
I sizzled in his blue volts like a desert prophet.
The nights snapped out of sight like a lizard's eyelid :
A world of bald white days in a shadeless socket.
A vulturous boredom pinned me in this tree.
If he were I, he would do what I did." (by Sylvia Plath)

Another advantaged visual poet, whom I admire, is Ace Norton, son of B.W.L. Norton, director of "More American Graffiti" and "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend". Take a look at some of his more recent videos at www.commondeer.com


Soundscapes - by Ace Norton

No comments :