WEIRDLAND: Alice Waters and Jake Gyllenhaal On 'Today' Show For Edible Schoolyard

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Alice Waters and Jake Gyllenhaal On 'Today' Show For Edible Schoolyard

Jake Gyllenhaal at the Today Show on August 23, 2011


"I grew up around gardens, growing my own food, and that was a real source of community growing up," said Gyllenhaal to Bush Hager. "More than anything, I really got to know my mother and father and my sister, and they got to know me at the dinner table."

In the segment, students worked in the garden with Gyllenhaal, before hauling the harvest into the kitchen to cook with Waters. Bush Hager asked Waters about the changes she's noticed in the students over the course of the program: "They really feel kind of empowered," she explained. "When kids grow it and cook it, they all want to eat it."

No comments :