WEIRDLAND: "Lovely & Amazing", bedroom vulnerability, more bed pictures

Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Lovely & Amazing", bedroom vulnerability, more bed pictures

Jake Gyllenhaal as Jordan in "Lovely & Amazing" (2001)

"In 2002 I had the biggest crush on Jake Gyllenhaal, which meant I watched any and every film he appeared in. I could list each one off for you, dear reader, but I’m sure you already know where I’m going with this. That fall when Lovely & Amazing was released to light critical buzz, I was there opening night when it finally opened in Dallas. Nothing, not even the rage-inducing Catherine Keener, was going to keep me from my man. While I don’t remember being particularly fond of Nicole Holofcener’s family drama, I do remember awkwardly squirming in my seat during some of the more invasive scenes.
Still of Dermot Mulroney and Emily Mortimer in "Lovely & Amazing"

This scene shook me to my core and affected the way I view bedroom vulnerability to this day. As I matured, I often used these two characters as examples of the men I didn’t want in my bed and the woman I never wanted to become. I have slipped up, just as any insecure person would, but following that naked confession I vowed to never make a lover feel he wasn’t sexy or appreciated in his most intimate of states. Insecurities are a fact of life, but I am committed to never be Elizabeth Marks to someone’s Kevin McCabe".
Source: www.filmschoolrejects.com

More pictures of Bedroom vulnerability:
Jake Gyllenhaal as Jamie Randall in "Love & other drugs" (2010)
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Ava Gardner
Audrey Hepburn
Marilyn Monroe
Bette DavisIda Lupino
Emily Browning in "Sucker Punch"
Mickey Rourke in "Passion Play"
Megan Fox in "Jennifer's Body"
Vanessa Paradis
Gwyneth Paltrow
Kirsten DunstAnna Kendrick
Elizabeth Taylor
Amber Heard
Natalie Portman
Charlie Sheen and ex-wife Denise Richards (2005)
Scarlett Johansson

No comments :