WEIRDLAND: Ellen Pompeo flirted with Jake Gyllenhaal 10 years ago, before filming "Moonlight Mile"

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Ellen Pompeo flirted with Jake Gyllenhaal 10 years ago, before filming "Moonlight Mile"

Jake Gyllenhaal in a promotional shoot of Moonlight Mile (2002)

Ellen Pompeo says that a young Jake Gyllenhaal, flirted with her during a chance meeting 10 years ago.

The Grey's Anatomy actress recalled walking into an audition only to find out that the young man she would be reading with was the same one she had randomly met.

"I had met Jake a couple of weeks prior on the sidewalk!" she told reporters at a recent press conference. "I walked into the room and I saw Jake and I said, 'Oh my God, it's you!' We sort of bumped into each other. He told me I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen." "I said, 'He's 12! And maybe we'll see each other again and I should leave!' There were sparks, but we just bolted."

Ellen, 42, said that director Brad Silberling picked up on the tension between them.

"We were like, 'No, we don't know each other. We made love to each other not speaking on the sidewalk, but we don't' know each other!'" Ellen laughed.

Jake, 31, and Ellen ended up starring together in the 2002 film Moonlight Mile. Source: www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

grapplHi Kendra! ('Waves!')
Sweet memories. What?! 10 years?!
P S: Hope all is well.
Ria XX

Elena said...

Hi, yes, it's been already 10 years, Ria, can you believe it? Jake is growing up very well, in "Moonlight Mile" he was such a charming boy, now he's a mature man! thanks for stopping by, I missed you a lot
xx Kendra