WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal remembers Heath Ledger in GQ

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal remembers Heath Ledger in GQ

"It was opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in Brokeback Mountain that Heath Ledger gave the performance of his career.
Both actors were nominated for Academy Awards for their portrayals of two men who fall in love while working at a sheep ranch one summer and embark on a secretive affair for many years after.
The story in the movie ended tragically with the death of Gyllenhaal’s character. In real life, it was Ledger who died far too soon and Gyllenhaal talks a bit about him – for the first time since Heath’s death – in the new issue of GQ magazine.
“I don’t really like talking about it. That period of time was… it was difficult. He was very sensitive. He didn’t always have a sense of performance in his everyday life. He knew who he was. I think actors very often, they know how to present something, and that’s part of their job. I think he was just really sensitive. We often used to do a lot of things together, because people were very interested in him and I think we felt safe together. Even when we did Brokeback and stuff, it was like my work was the only thing that mattered to me. It was like I could only understand or define myself through doing that. Life, I didn’t totally understand. And I think I was afraid of life. And I had success in my work, enough success that you could keep going back there. But after that happened…I think I recognized that it was work. And I recognized that this is for real.” Source: greginhollywood.com

Jake Gyllenhaal - GQ magazine photoshoot May 2010.

"When it comes to his personal life, Jake’s, “…Trying not to keep things so neat. I think I’m realizing my strengths and my faults. I think I’m trying to see what is me…and what is not me.” He even discusses his family, including how much he loves them and his parent’s recent divorce".
Source: hollywoodcrush.mtv.com

2 comments :

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Troppo dolce e sensibile Jake !
I love you :-)
Myriam

Elena said...

Jake is feeling now maybe more comfortable releasing his thoughts about Heath, who was a great infuence in his life.