WEIRDLAND: Jake used a sword to get his role in Prince of Persia

Monday, March 01, 2010

Jake used a sword to get his role in Prince of Persia

"The 29-year-old actor plays a brave street urchin in new adventure fantasy Prince of Persia. It is his first action role and Jake says he was chosen for the part because he tried to kill the film’s producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
Jake Gyllenhaal arriving at Katz's Deli For Photoshoot In NYC on 27th February 2010. Pictures courtesy of Iheartjakemedia.com

Asked how he convinced Bruckheimer he could handle the coveted role, Jake laughed: “I broke into his office and threatened him with a sword. No, the film’s director Mike Newell always championed me and said he’d always thought of me for the part.”
Jake Gyllenhaal Times Square In New York City (For GQ Photoshoot) on 27th February, 2010 (c) Dan, Kelly, Desiree & Juliana (fan pictures). Source: Iheartjakemedia.com

Jake bulked up considerably for the film, which sees him spending most of his time running around half-naked fighting battalions of enormous soldiers. He was also in a cheeky mood when asked by Total Film magazine how he had toned up for the role.
Jake Gyllenhaal at a bash for "Crazy Heart" with Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard (People magazine).

“Smoking and drinking,” he quipped. “No, I worked out for seven months. I wanted to be able to do this stuff and being intimidating was important, even if it’s just for myself, being confident fighting the stunt men.”
Source: www.musicrooms.net

"Gemma Arterton thinks she was ‘not hot enough’ to play a Bond girl and that she is ‘really average’.
Gemma Arterton in GQ Magazine UK Photoshoot April 2010.

Her fans may disagree – and these pictures of her posing in stockings, stilettos and a coat for the latest edition of GQ magazine make her look anything but plain.
The outfit is reminiscent of her chase scene through the streets of Panama with Bond actor Daniel Craig, when she wore nothing except a mac and boots.

But, in an interview with GQ magazine, she said: ‘In comparison to many actresses I think I’m really average. When I got the Bond film there was this big hoo-ha about me not being hot enough. I have to say, I agree. I don’t think I’m in that realm.’
Gemma Arterton in "Arena" magazine - February 2008.

Miss Arterton admitted: ‘I hope people don’t see me just as a Bond girl. I hope they’ll soon see my [other] work and think differently.’
She has a major role in the forthcoming Hollywood blockbuster Prince Of Persia, based on the popular computer game series, where she plays Princess Tamina alongside leading man Jake Gyllenhaal.She also has a leading role in a critically acclaimed low-budget British film, The Disappearance Of Alice Creed, as a kidnap victim who spends much of the time on screen either handcuffed or tied to a bed". Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

2 comments :

Dave said...

Gemma Arterton is hot!

Really looking forward to her new film 'The Disappearance of Alice Creed' too - apparently we get to see a lot more of her, if you know what I mean ;)

More here: http://www.facebook.com/AliceCreedMovie

Elena said...

I hope Gemma and Jake heat up the screen in PoP :)

thanks for the link to Alice Creed movie FB page, Dave, I've already become a fan!