WEIRDLAND: Maggie Gyllenhaal nominated to Oscar for Crazy Heart

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Maggie Gyllenhaal nominated to Oscar for Crazy Heart

Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal as Bad Blake and Jean Craddock in "Crazy Heart" (2009).

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role:

Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart (2009)
George Clooney for Up in the Air (2009/I)
Colin Firth for A Single Man (2009)
Morgan Freeman for Invictus (2009)
Jeremy Renner for The Hurt Locker (2008)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role:

Penélope Cruz for Nine (2009)
Vera Farmiga for Up in the Air (2009/I)
Maggie Gyllenhaal for Crazy Heart (2009)
Anna Kendrick for Up in the Air (2009/I)
Mo'Nique for Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009)
Source: www.imdb.com

Maggie Gyllenhaal at The 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards on 17th January 2010.

"Because I didn't get any other nominations, I was so surprised," she says. "I was completely shocked and so excited. I love the movie and I feel so proud of it. I'm excited about celebrating it and getting dressed up. I haven't done work I'm more proud of."
Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal at Variety Screening Series 2009: "Crazy Heart".

One of the first calls this morning came from her on-screen love and best actor favorite, Jeff Bridges. "Jeff called me this morning. He was barely even making words. He was kind of singing and moaning. He was so excited. I feel thrilled," says Gyllenhaal.

Her day, thus far, has been all about family.
Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard at "An Education" New York Premiere.

There's a sense of excitement at home, because her husband Peter Sarsgaard's film, An Education, is also up for best picture.Jake Gyllenhaal and his sister Maggie out for lunch on 31st January 2010.

"We woke up at 5:30," says Gyllenhaal. "I've been up forever already. I just got up really early and had coffee with my brother (Jake Gyllenhaal) and my daughter woke up. I haven't had a second to breathe."
Source: content.usatoday.com

No comments :