WEIRDLAND: Jake helps "Hungry in America" project

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Jake helps "Hungry in America" project

"Jake Gyllenhaal wanted to make sure no sandals were worn in 'Prince of Persia: Sands of Time' because it's ''not that'' kind of film.

"Jake Gyllenhaal wouldn't wear sandals in 'Prince of Persia: Sands of Time'.

The 29-year-old actor admits he didn't want the fantasy adventure to be perceived as a "swords and sandals epic" and did his best to avoid stereotyping.
He said: "This is not a swords and sandals epic. It's definitely not that. None of us wear sandals in this movie. I made a very conscious decision and it was very important to me that I did not wear sandals.

"This is a huge, classic epic filled with real characters. It has those wonderful old-school elements you love about film and yet at the same time it's right there on the cutting edge."
Jake Gyllenhaal wearing sandals in West Hollywood, July 2006.

He said: "I worked out for seven months. I wanted to be able to be able to do this stuff. And being intimidating was important. Even if it's just for myself, being confident fighting the stuntmen!"
Source: www.earthtimes.org

Scans of Jake Gyllenhaal in "Empire" magazine, April issue of 2010, scanned by Wet, Dark & Wild.

"Speaking to Total Film, the 29-year-old said: "I've always wanted to do this - it's like a childhood dream. I love being physical, I'm very athletic and I like pushing myself. And I also like combat. Any opportunity to fight!"

Gyllenhaal, who previously admitted that he has always wanted to be an action hero, also insisted that he has never been hesistant to perform his own stunts and said that in the new Prince of Persia movie he injured himself regularly.

He said: "Even if I didn't pull it off and they had to use stuntmen, I would always try it first.

"I pulled some shoulders and I strained some backs and I screwed up my ankles a few times but nothing to worry about.
"On one take, I actually punched a guy in the face by mistake. I spend the rest of the takes trying not to punch him in the face, which is a strange irony really."
Source: www.digitalspy.co.uk

Natalie Portman.Natalie Portman and chef Tom Colicchio In America Project, an event hosted by The Feed Foundation addressing the issue of hunger in America. Held at Colicchio & Sons, co-hosted by Natalie Portman.Tom Coliccio & Jake Gyllenhaal.Jake Gyllenhaal with Natalie Portman and Lauren Bush at "Hungry In America" Project on 21st February 21, 2010 in New York City.

No comments :