WEIRDLAND: Tobey Maguire was not in Brokeback Mountain!

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Tobey Maguire was not in Brokeback Mountain!

Tobey Maguire with Jim Sheridan at "Brothers" NY screening, on November 22, 2009.

"Maguire learned about the toll war takes on families and what he's doing to find a new direction in his life.What surprised him about the military.
"I went to Camp Pendleton near L.A. and shared time with soldiers and went through some basic training. I have so much respect for them for putting their lives on the line. But, I was also just amazed at the camaraderie, the brotherhood and sisterhood and that sort of unique perspective on the world that they share with each other. It creates a really intense familial bond."
Trying to connect with a troubled dad.
"My character is a lot more at home with his military family than he is with his wife and kids, which is not the way I try to be. It was really heartbreaking to think about how people take things out on the ones they love, especially children who are so full of love and so fragile. That resonated with me as a father. I had some scenes where I did things to create havoc in the lives of my wife and children that I could never imagine doing."
Jake Gyllenhaal as the gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain".

He was not in Brokeback Mountain."I've been mistaken for so many different actors, it's just wild. I've gotten Jake Gyllenhaal a few times like, 'Loved you in Brokeback Mountain'. I've had that. I can't remember all of them, but Wes Bentley, tons of times, and Elijah Wood. When people ask me for my autograph and say, 'Oh, you were so great in such and such,' which I wasn't in, then I usually just sign the other actor's name and say, 'Thank you very much.'
Source: www.parade.com

No comments :