WEIRDLAND: Robert Pattinson: three recent interviews

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Robert Pattinson: three recent interviews

"Lovestruck Robert Pattinson tried to impress his Twilight co-star Kristen Stewart by faking a love of highbrow films.Director Catherine Hardwicke has confirmed the pair are an item after revealing Stewart decided she wanted give it "a go" and be with the British actor. Pattinson reportedly asked Stewart to marry him several times a week, and now he admits he had to fight for her attention by pretending to be interested in intellectual films and authors.He says, "I thought to myself, because she's so serious, I've got to be really serious. I felt like an idiot just following her around saying, 'You really should read some Zola, and there's this amazing Truffaut movie'. Source: www.imdb.com

Hollyscoop: Edward is always looking out for Bella and her well being but you decide to leave Bella for a bit, why is that?Rob Pattinson:” He’s just bored" he joked. "No, I think there is something about being deeply in love with someone that you start to doubt everything about yourself and see all your flaws and faults and I think it gets to such an extreme with Edward that he thinks he does not deserve to be with her anyway and thinks…and it gets even further than that he thinks that just by being with her he’s sowing her so and further than putting her out of the danger zone he decides he has to leave, he cant handle it."HS: You play a vision for a majority of the film, was that difficult?

RP: “I guess to film it wasn’t that difficult, but it was quite difficult to know what I was actually doing. I wasn’t supposed to playing Edward as such, I was playing a figment of Bella's imagination so I kind of wanted Kristen to tell me how to do it but I was a little embarrassed. So I would say, Kristen how would you play me, what’s your impression of Edward? So it was kind of tough."
HS: You had a lot of passionate kissing scenes in the movie, is it difficult to get in the mode when you're surrounded by so many people during shooting?RP: "Yeah... anything that has to do with pure, pure physical stuff is always quite difficult cause you… Always the kisses in Twilight or anything kind of intimate is such a massive part of the story, that its you have to tell a story within that and so even in the first one there was quite complicated scenes and they are always a really pivotal moment there is never… maybe there is one kiss in New Moon; right at the beginning where there is one kiss and there is nothing to it, its just that a normal kiss. But all the other times it’s always about either getting reunited with someone or leaving, I guess.”

HS: What was your favorite scene to shoot?
RP: "I really like the scene just before the breakup scene, the night before the breakup scene right in front of Bella’s house. Mainly because we kinda re-wrote the whole thing on the night doing it and it was just from the kind of feel of what felt right and it really showed how great Chris [Weitz, the director] is; cause we finished the scene and I went up to Chris and I said I wish we said something else, and then they changed all the lighting around and we did it again and Kristen ended up saying a new line perfectly, which I cannot say but I felt it was the right line to say and that was kind of amazing." Check out the video clip of Hollyscoop's exclusive interview with Rob below... Source: www.hollyscoop.com


Hollywood.com Interview: How did Pattinson feel about his expanded role in New Moon?

No comments :