WEIRDLAND: Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart & Kellan Lutz

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart & Kellan Lutz

CinemanĂ­a interview with Robert Pattinson:"Mmmm... I can't say anything about New Moon yet, I was asked to keep the expectations high, but I can give you a few details, is that ok?", he says as soon as we sit down. "The place is rather peculiar, isn't it?", he jokes as he pulls the chair in which he will sit: a kind of throne that creates the mood for a very minimalistic and sophisticated place, and even though he looks very tired, since he hasn't stopped giving interviews and attending red carpets of the French festival, he makes an effort to not show it and he gets excited when we start to talks after agreeing to his deal."I can say that the weirdest scene we shot was shot at a High School in Canada. When we got there, there were still plenty of students taking class, and I had to be floating around the place. It was weird, because the scene was very complicated. There was a feeling that I can't really describe yet (laughs). I think, in general, this sequel will be much more complex, deeper and it will make my character have another dimension..." he assured us. Pattinson himself has experienced a change in the way he approaches this territory. "When we were filming Twilight, I used to say that it made me nervous being around so many people of the crew. However, it was weird how this feeling changed in New Moon. "Now I understand why, with years, better roles come to you. You need a lot of experience to capture emotions with the camera and make the filming yours. But I think I'm on the right path. There's still a lot for me to learn, though...", he says.
This vampire seems to have changed Rob's life, and it's something that you will be able to tell in the actual movie, according to the actor. "Of course another new thing that happened is that I felt much closer to my character. It's amazing the amount of emotions that you can connect with when you know more about him. This gives you more intuition and you're more natural. It's like you're beginning to decipher everything in his mind and act almost instinctively. Getting into a role as intense as this it's an incredible process. You never imagine what will wake up inside of you until you perform it and make it your own"."The hardest thing for me about this sequel was finding the right way to express very complex feelings. My character has to go through many emotional states. It's a very deep role, with a very special background, full of hidden meanings. Sometimes, trying to exteriorize that and perform it right, it can be very hard"."To me, films are very much like life, and relationships. Sometimes you don't know how to find the right person. But at least you're sure about what you're not interested in. The same happens with scripts and stories (laughs). There's projects that almost immediately you know they're for you and that you'll be able to them naturally, and others that you try to imagine and you know they are not for you. Does it sound familiar?" he asks me."I think the fact that he's a vampire is what least defines him. Really. I know it's hard to believe, but to me that is a condition is only part of different circumstances in his life. He thinks about things in a very realistic way, he thinks that making one decision or another is a very important thing, according to the things that present themselves to him and what his heart tells him. Pattinson is not just a sensitive and charismatic actor, he's also a very gifted musician. So it's not strange to see that the soundtrack of this movie was also a place where he could learn. "You don’t know how happy its made me that my song in Twilight was such a hit. If you go online and see what Alexandra Patsvas has gotten because of this, you'll see that it's amazing. Before this project she was already very famous, and even though this is just a part of her career and her history if success, it has been something very important to her as well, and for other musicians working in this soundtrack. "To be honest, I grew up watching American movies. Most of my favorite actors are American. It's weird but that helped me get so many roles. It always happens after an audition, people ask me, 'Where are you from?', 'Oh, I'm from London!' I answer, 'And why do you talk like Christopher Walken?' (laughs). It's happened hundreds of times, and I think there's characters for which it's necessary to have this kind of accent, more ordinary, more Christopher Walken."As everybody knows, Edward is not a conventional vampire. He doesn't have fangs, he doesn't die if the sunlight touches him. But I think that in New Moon there is something more mysterious about him, there's moral conflicts. They remind me a lot of the vampires in Interview With a Vampire."I'm someone who is very happy with the most simple things in life. My friends are very important to me, as is my family and the people I love in general. I love music, films, going out for a drink and have fun. Everyday, normal things, but that I live with passion. And of course, I keep working to develop myself even more. I trust that this will happen. It doesn't have to be different. When you work for what you want to and you give all your heart to it, everything comes in its own time. You have to trust life" he ends as he plays with his hair and he waits for us to stop recording to say goodbye with a kiss". Source: thinkingofrob.wodpress.com

"Kristen Stewart opens up in a new interview about how her life is really no different than the vampires she runs alongside in The Twilight Saga. Using words like "sad and desolate", the actress opens up in a raw interview, comparing her isolated life to her onscreen love with Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson). Comparing her fame to the life of a vampire, the actress says her life is "sad and desolate" similar to Edward Cullen in The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009). Stewart also went on to tell Contact Music, "Edward is actually a really good parallel for fame. As a vampire he has a sad, desolate life and fame is the same".Source: news.popstar.com

Kristen Stewart said she isn’t into “celebrity fame”. This time, she also added that she doesn’t want to be like actress, Angelina Jolie.

Kristen spoke to Black Book magazine, and said:
“I don’t want to be a movie star like Angelina Jolie. Nothing about being a celebrity is desirable. I’m an actor. It’s bizarre to me that everybody’s so obsessive.”Um. Is Kristen aware that Angelina has won an academy award? As an actress… shouldn’t she ASPIRE to have a career like that?
Source: www.hollywire.com


Kellan Lutz with Nikki Reed - Nylon photoshoot November 2009.

-What was it like being part of the Twilight experience?

-You know what, it’s a blessing. There’s nothing that can compare to this, the fans are amazing. You could do a hundred projects and still not have the fans that are there for Twilight. I love my character, I love our cast so much and I loved Catherine, and working on New Moon with Chris is amazing.
Kellan Lutz kissing Twiligh co-star Ashley Greene.

-When I got the part Ashley came to hang out and she asked me if I had read the books, and I was like, “What books?” I really didn’t know! I thought she was kidding until she brought the books and I realized I had a lot of homework to do! I am so fidgety – I swear I have ADD – and I always need to be doing something or being outside, just playing sports. But I made myself read it and I just loved the series and kept on falling more and more in love with my character.
I realised Emmett was supposed to have curly hair, and I was kind of bummed because I have naturally curly hair but it wouldn’t grow fast enough after being shaved for Generation Kill. But it is nice to change your appearance so you can kind of get lost in your character, so it was good having my hair dyed and being pale.

-Is there any rivalry between you guys on set?
-No, honestly: the guys were the best! I think there were a couple of quarrels with some of the girls here and there, but no big issue. But the guys, we were all totally cool and everyone is so different.
-Do you make fun of Robert Pattinson on set because of the fan attention?-We all feel for him because he such a shy, compassionate person in real life, not cocky at all. He’s been thrown into a fire of girls as this teen heartthrob. He’s handling it very well but I just don’t think he knew what was going to come of it. It’s just funny watching him try and talk to the fans: he does a great job, but he lowers his head when he is shy, and the girls love it! But you can tell he’s being so honest and earnest.-And do you ever go for fans?

-You try and make relationship with these fans, but the show runners [at conventions] only allow you 5 seconds to sign the autograph or take the picture, so it’s tough. Some people stand out that you see more than once, but you end up signing something and then thinking “Oh wait, I can’t put a heart there!” My best friends come with me and point out the hot girls and then they start talking to them. The whole time I’m like: “Wow, he found a cute one for himself. Typical!”
Source: www.empireonline.com

No comments :