WEIRDLAND: Prince of Persia movie beyond game's spirit

Monday, November 09, 2009

Prince of Persia movie beyond game's spirit

"Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" short trailer:



"I was in Morocco. I was seeing some of these things get shot. But the first time I saw a rough assembly of [Jake Gyllenhaal] as Prince Dastan running on the rooftops with arrows being shot at him and swinging, I just got this big smile on my face that wouldn't go away, because I just felt like it was ... like what I saw in my imagination when I played the game, back when the character was 40 pixels high and his face was four pixels square, but seeing it like real in visceral in the best way."The reason the movie won't be following the plot of the game exactly is to make it friendlier to people who have never even heard of the parkour platformer - "a movie that can stand on its own even if there never was a video game", said Mechner, "and Prince of Persia is that ... [the film] captures the spirit of the gameplay, but it also really goes beyond it. It is more visceral, more exciting". Source: www.escapistmagazine.com

No comments :