WEIRDLAND: "New Moon": smoother than "Twilight"

Monday, November 16, 2009

"New Moon": smoother than "Twilight"

"Chris Weitz has chosen a color palette (most notable in scenes involving the meadow and the confrontation in Italy) that is far more epic than fans might be used to. "I mean, just the colors and everything. It sounds really technical, but the first one had a kind-of blue tint to everything, which was to emphasize the coldness of Portland and everything."The colors in this are much more brown and gray, and it looks warmer than the first one," RPattz added. "I guess it's because of Jacob's introduction; I think that's what the idea was."


"The most shocking thing, for me, is the absence of Edward and the fact that it's still a movie on its own," said Kristen Stewart, explaining that there aren't many film franchises that can essentially tell its lead actor to go on vacation for a whole movie, yet still turn out so well. "I always thought that the only way I could play my part in 'Twilight' was if I was so completely behind Bella's confidence in the fact that she knows [being with Edward] is what she wants. And so, as soon as that's taken away, it's not 'Twilight' anymore."It's like, all of a sudden, you think for a minute that there's another story in this world that Stephenie Meyer created, and it's totally with the werewolves, and you totally believe Bella's love for Jacob," Stewart continued. "And then, just as soon as you're convinced of that, Edward gets back in the picture. It's like the most tortured love triangle.""The shots are a lot smoother" Pattinson said of a key difference that he noticed. "There was something about [Hardwicke's] 'Twilight,' where everything was very handheld and kind of shaky and gritty-looking. This is a lot more about smoothness and elegance."According to Stewart, Weitz might also surprise the audience with the way he helped the saga's actors take their skills to the next level. "It was really hard to play, and thus hopefully it comes across," Stewart said of the acting in the film, which she has said was some of the toughest she's ever done". Source: www.mtv.com

"My character is kind of evil and mean,” she says, laughing. “I have to have these red eyes which are kind of scary-looking and some really cool scenes. There’s one involving me and all the main cast, and all the other Italian vampires. I wasn’t required to do anything really physical but Jane really wants to get Bella, who just kills my character.” But only metaphorically, right? “Right,” says Fanning. “Jane wants to cause Bella pain so badly and that’s weird because I am really good friends with Kristen in real life now. To be mean to one another is strange, although her being scared of me was kind of cool.”As chance would have it, Fanning was midway through reading Meyer’s Twilight series when she got the call about the film. “That made reading the parts about Jane really fun when I knew it was going to be me,” she chirps. “I read all four books in a week and really enjoyed them. I think everyone will get something from the movie. I think these films are really for everyone – kids and adults alike, boys and girls ...”With roles in the Twilight saga, present and future, Fanning, it would seem, is now guaranteed an extended run in a copper-bottomed hit.Just a few days after we meet she’s heading off to begin work on Twilight’s third instalment, Eclipse. “It is getting a bit like a big family,” she says, grinning. “I’m in the second and the third films, and I’m now in the fourth film [Breaking Dawn], too. I am not in too much of it, just a little bit. I make my appearance there to scare Kristen’s character. We start on Eclipse very soon and I have never done that before, where I go back to a movie to do the sequel. When I first signed up I was nervous and didn’t know what to expect. The only person I had ever met from the cast was Kristen, very briefly, like twice, but honestly they were the nicest most welcoming people and I got right into it straight away. I’d never really been the new girl on set.”
Source; www.heraldscotland.com


The beautiful Dakota Fanning returned to the show today. She chatted with Ellen about her role in "New Moon," what it was like working with Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, and even got quite the surprise from Ellen! Watch it here.

No copyright infringement intended. All credits goes to The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Dakota Fanning wearing platform strappy shoes by Marc Jacobs:

No comments :