WEIRDLAND: "New Moon": not an easy story

Monday, November 09, 2009

"New Moon": not an easy story

Robert Pattinson spotted on the balcony of his hotel room in Los Angeles on 8th November 2009.In the book, even though you leave Bella, you are very present in her thoughts. It is difficult to represent it on the screen? How did you manage?Rob: In the book, she hears the voice of Edward, but we used another method in the film: she has hallucinations, fleeting appearances of Edward. Would have been a bit corny to do it with only my voice.
Kristen: Everything is in the suggestion. It’s the memory she has of him, not necessarily what he really is.
Can you tell us about the transformation of Jacob and the transformation you had to go through for the role?Taylor: I knew the character changed a lot and if I wanted to continue to play the character, I knew I would have a lot of work to do … So, when I had finished working on Twilight, I got into sports, I had a private personal trainer, I started to eat healthier: less sugar, protein and good carbohydrates, etc. In short, it was a lot of work, but it really was worth the shot.Bella’s character developes more in this new movie. What is difficult preparing for this role?No, I wouldn’t say it was harder to prepare for this movie than it was for the first. It’s a film full of emotions, that’s the big difference. We talks about the discovery or falling in love, a moment of intense emotions, then we talk about its ups and downs, the fact that basically she is a bit manic-depressive.Kristen: Yes, it’s not an easy story. Twilight was all about the internal conflict of two people who threw themselves at each other so very impulsively. But we had much more to think about this time, like it had much more to do with instincts in this movie. This film is much more intense. In here, people are not just sad. They’re so sad they want to die. Of course these things exist in real life, but in the film we made it seem stronger, harder.Does the fact that the public is divided into groups, Team Edward, who wants him to stay with Bella, and Team Jacob, which prefers the couple of Bella-Jacob, influence your performance?Taylor: Everything is crazy, about this franchise, that’s why we love so much, and that’s why fans love it so much. It’s true that many fans are split and take sides with one or the other. I happen to be a little nervous about this idea because I try to live up to expectations and defend Team Jacob the best possible. I do not want to disappoint, so I worked hard intellectually but also emotionally and physically for the role.With a new director at the helm of this sequel, did you feel like working on very different a film from the first?
Rob: It wasn’t just he change of director that made things very different this time. There’s also the fact that this time we knew the beast, we knew a little bit more what we were dealing with.
In your opinion why is it that so many people enjoy this story? Is it because the themes, the characters, the subject of darkness, the sentimental story?
Kristen: The reason is the same with other movies, people identify themselves with the characters. I often say that because it is a narrative in the first person, so it’s like being inside this person’s head and they feel even closer to that person. It almost feels that it’s happening to us. What do you guys think?
Rob: I think we’re the last persons you should be asking. But I don’ know. The thing is, I never saw the story as a vampire story to begin with. When I play the character, I try to eliminate the vampire element as much as possible and not to see a tool to make their relationship a little more intense. Immediately after passing the audition, I felt strangely invested in this story when I did not even read the books before, and I am more and more attached. In recent weeks, talking about the scenario of Eclipse to friends, I realized that I was very argumentative, which is not like me much. This story has real power.As readers, what book do you prefer, and as actors, on which movie are you most looking forward to work?
Kristen: I liked New Moon because it allowed me to push my limits. I feel that after this, everything else is piece of cake for Bella, she is very, very strong, satisfied and happy. But in the second book, she’s nothing, she is literally, totally lost. But yes, without a doubt, it’s my favorite.
Rob: I think I also prefer New Moon. Edward is such an extreme character that everyone sees as a romantic hero and suddenly, in New Moon, at least is the impression I had while reading it, he receives a lesson in humility. He says he loves her too much to stay with her and deliberately destroys their relationship. I think this is very painful, which I can identify with.
Source: en.twilightpoison.com


Stewart's Pet Name for Pattinson

No comments :