WEIRDLAND: Interview to Chris Weitz

Friday, November 13, 2009

Interview to Chris Weitz

"You mentioned the various styles of performance in the Volturi scene and touched on Kristen Stewart's turn and Michael Sheen's. But how about Dakota Fanning? She hardly says a word and yet her Jane is a pretty disturbing little character…Dakota, she has a relatively small part in terms of the number of lines and the time that she's on screen, but she's so good that she is still magnetic and she's playing this evil, sadistic, horrible creature. I am satisfied with the (whole) scene. I think it's a lot of fun. I do. It looks the way I wanted it to look. I think there are certain shots in it which look like a narrative painting, and that's lovely, and yet there's also a whole bunch of other stuff to it. We've heard that there's as much as 10 minutes of cut footage that could wind up on the New Moon DVD. Was there a scene or even a shot that you were particularly fond of that ultimately got trimmed from the finished film, that pained you to remove?I can't really think of a significant scene that was cut, nor can I think of anything that killed me to cut it. Actually, sometimes I fall in love with specific shots that I hate cutting. There was a shot of Bella when she's just been broken up with and she's lying on her bed. The shot was upside down. She's upside down, and it's just her face upside down, against a sort of a red coverlet. It's a beautiful, beautiful shot, but it wasn't necessary to the telling of the story, and so it went, but I am still in love with that shot". Source: news.popstar.com

No comments :