WEIRDLAND: Amanda Peet asks for advice to Jake Gyllenhaal

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Amanda Peet asks for advice to Jake Gyllenhaal

Emmy Rossum - Hollywood’s Good Girl Goes Bad photoshoot in "2 Magazine", November 2009.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Emmy Rossum in "The Day after tomorrow" (2004).

Amanda Peet at the premiere of "2012" in Germany, on 8th November 2009.

"Amanda Peet is in the middle of her first action movie–and it’s a show-stopper. 2012 gives director Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow) the chance to recreate every major disaster imaginable as Peet and her ex-husband, played by John Cusack, flee with their kids from the end of the world.Parade.com’s Jeanne Wolf discovered that Amanda defines herself as a wimp, but was ready for the ride — even though she doesn’t always work for the perfect action-movie bod. Hedging her bets.“I e-mailed Jake Gyllenhaal, who was in Day After Tomorrow, before I signed on. I said, ‘Is Roland Emmerich great or is he a nightmare? Tell me the truth because life is short and I need to know what’s up’. And Jake replied, ‘He is the most divine, great person to work for ever and you should run and do it’.

What Jake didn’t tell her.
“I can’t go on thrill rides anymore because I get physically ill. But we filmed on sets where everything was bouncing around like a roller coaster. The worst was where we’re supposed to nearly crash in a plane that was mounted on a gimbal. It gyrated so wildly that I got really nauseous. Every night I’d go home and be like, ‘Am I still on the gimbal? Did I come down yet? Did I throw up?’ Source: www.pbpulse.com

No comments :