WEIRDLAND: Reactions to nude scenes

Monday, May 04, 2009

Reactions to nude scenes

"Jake Gyllenhaal was initially considered for the role of Matthew but turned it down because of the explicit nature of the nude scenes.Leonardo DiCaprio was offered the role of Matthew, but turned it down because he was in pre-production with The Aviator (2004).
Director Bernardo Bertolucci was so impressed how the actors so naturally acted naked, he penned an uncredited lengthy extra scene in the script where all three main actors are overtly nude. It ended up on the cutting room floor".
Source: www.imdb.com
"I read that you were really nervous about filming the nude scenes and the explicit scenes, how did you prepare yourself for those? [Laughs] I had so many ridiculous answers just come into my head [more laughs]. I had a penis implant! I don’t know, I just kind of, it’s funny because Spanish people are so … have no problem with nudity at all, I mean at all, and English people obviously do have, like, the most enormous problem with it. It’s like little things, like when I saw my father getting changed for swimming I got, like, traumatized by it … I don’t really know what I did, I just kind of freaked out a bit. Kristen Stewart is going to be playing rock icon Joan Jett. Is there a rock icon that you'd like to play?

I'd love to play Van Morrison, but I doubt I would get the part [laughs].
What has been your craziest fan experience? There was one quite weird thing, I was in a Blockbuster the other day, and I hadn’t realized it was the day the ['Twilight'] DVD was coming out, and there were these two — no one recognized me in that place — and there were these two 8-year-old girls who turned up with their parents. They were picking up their preordered DVDs, and they were just shaking and crying just because they got their DVD. How’s the energy on ‘New Moon’ compared to ‘Twilight,’ because for ‘Twilight’ no one was sure if it was going to do well and now, obviously … Yeah, it’s scary. It’s a very, very different experience. Last time we were just kind of … it was so easy to get the entire cast together. We’d all have dinner almost every day and be able to talk about it freely and stuff. Now it’s quite difficult to even leave the hotel. And all these random little stories become someway, somehow newsworthy, so you have to be very secretive about everything.
Source: www.moviefone.com

"Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have done steamy onscreen sex scenes together before, but for their upcoming film Revolutionary Road, they had to pair up in front of Winslet's director-husband, Sam Mendes. "I had a total meltdown," Winslet said at New York City's Times Center on Monday. "Sam was there lining the scene up. I'd get things like, 'Press your hands into his back! No, his back!' You just have to deal with it. Leo was remarkably fine with the whole thing."
Source: www.people.com
"Mr. Anderson may have a hook: The short co-stars Natalie Portman, who appears in an extended nude scene -- but whose character makes just a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in "The Darjeeling Limited." If that seems like a Hollywood bait and switch, Mr. Anderson says it wasn't intended that way. The use of "Hotel Chevalier" as a promotional tool, he says, is an attempt to put one of his creative works to use and stir up intrigue around the main movie. As for choosing to release the short separately from the feature, he says, "I don't know if it's a wildly commercial idea, and it is probably a little confusing to people who are thinking, 'Why is this separate from the movie?' But the short is just as important to me as the feature is." Ms. Portman, for her part, says she was insistent that neither her name nor image be used in mainstream marketing for "The Darjeeling Limited."
Source: online.wsj.com

No comments :