WEIRDLAND: Jessica Biel, devastated by Nailed

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Jessica Biel, devastated by Nailed

"But Nailed, co-starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Catherine Keener, Tracy Morgan and James Marsden, turned into a nightmare for Biel. Instead of making a splash playing a woman whose personality changes toward the "outrageous" after she is shot in the head with a nail, the film was shut down repeatedly due to the collapse in its financing.

Thrown into turmoil last year, the film has yet to be finished.
"That was definitely an experience, something I could NOT say no to," Biel told me in an interview. "I am a huge David O. Russell fan. It’s just heartbreaking that so many people put so much work into this particular project only to have it sit there, unfinished. But it’s one of those things where we had no idea it would have happened.

"If I’d had an idea that it might happen, would I still have done it? I don’t know. Probably. I had an incredible experience with David and the rest of the cast. It made me a better actor. For all that, I’m devastated that it’s not finished and who knows when it will be and will come out. I still have my fingers crossed that something good will come of it, that it will be finished."

Biel has had a run of such bad luck lately. She may be a sure thing in an Adam Sandler comedy (I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry) but her stripper drama, Powder Blue, went straight to video.
She's trying to keep her sense of humor about the bad luck. When I suggest that maybe, to stir up new financing interest to finish Nailed, she and David O. Russell could stage one of his infamous tantrums for a viral video, she giggles (James Caan quit Nailed over a Russell run-in). "You know, that might work!"
Source: blogs.orlandosentinel.com

No comments :