WEIRDLAND: Hollywood leftist messages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hollywood leftist messages

“My father-in-law’s mother committed suicide in the great depression. He said to me, ‘Movies saved me, every week I would see heroes winning and I thought I could be that.’ That’s a pretty powerful argument.”

“Why do you think people come to the United States of America? Are people smuggling the constitution under their pillow and reading it at night in Bangladesh? Or are they seeing things in American film?A movie could have a direct message with Maggie Gyllenhaal and the Gyllenhaal triumvirate of hate that says that America is horrible, and yet that message is overwhelmed by the proliferation of excess on the screen. They’re like ‘Did you see there were four different types of orange juice on the table? I’d rather go to that place where those people are complaining about how badly they have it.’ You know it’s like I think that people read between the lines, that America, despite the fact that our Hollywood class says ‘It sucks here. It’s horrible’. People see it on the screen and go, ‘No it doesn’t. Look at all that shit you have! It’s so good there, I want a piece of it.’”

[...] “These people [the as of yet closeted conservatives] want they want to reconnect Hollywood to its initial successes. Not this sort of dark inverted, moral system, that expresses the darkness of these peoples’ spirits. They’re really dark people. They’re conflicted people and they want us to see how conflicted they are.”

Source: www.observer.com

No comments :