WEIRDLAND: Arrested Development happening

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Arrested Development happening

-I got a call from Mitchell Hurwitz, the creator, and he said "so have you heard about this movie we're supposedly doing?" and I said yes. And he said he was in and it was great. And Jason [Bateman], when he was doing all the Juno press, he basically just talked up [Arrested Development] the movie. He got the publicity going before anything was real. So Mitch talked to Ron Howard, who said he would direct it, and he's down. So I think Mitch was like, "I guess I'll write it then," and that's what I think he's doing now. And yes, I'm involved. I think everyone is.

-Except Franklin [Will Arnett's racist puppet], right?
-[laughs] Maybe not. I think Franklin was thrown away by Fox executives.

-Who do you see most often from the cast?
-Sadly, I don't see everyone that often. I see Michael Cera every now and again, but he's famous now so he doesn't want to talk to me.
-He doesn't pick up your calls anymore?
-No, not as much. It's fine. I'm handling it well. [Laughs.] I'm kidding! -I saw David Cross once when I moved to NYC five months ago. He was really great when I called him and I think he was really proud that I moved to New York. My entire life is to make David Cross proud of me, though. David Cross with Sarah Silverman.
Source: www.radaronline.com

-They're just trying to keep the flame burning. Speaking of which, Gaydar has done interviews with some of your former castmates.
-Who?
-Jeffrey Tambor and Michael Cera.
-Will Arnett: I've never heard of either of them. They were on the show?
[...]-Sounds like a new high for you. Speaking of high points and low points, I saw in an interview that you said Arrested Development was the best pilot you've ever been in. That makes me wonder, what's the worst?
-I remember there was something really snarky I said in that quote. Something to the effect of: "And I want every other pilot I've been in to know that." Source: www.radaronline.com


-What did you think when you found out that your character on Arrested would fall in love with his cousin?
-I was actually really excited that I would get to have something strange to play off. That was awesome to me.
Source: www.radaronline.com
-When you were first reading the script, it said that you kissed your cousin right?
-Right. It's made very clear.
-What did you think of that?
-It was interesting, and obviously when you're reading the pilot you don't know how long that storyline will be sustained for. But I was really excited when they kept the crush going for so long and they kept drawing the incest joke out. That's the most fun thing to do. It's insanely awkward. And she knows it's awkward and I know it's awkward, and I have to hide it from my dad. It was so much fun to do.
Source: brianpalmer.com

"The first trailer for Rainn Wilson's The Rocker has debuted. "Office" fans are definitely going to enjoy this. The movie is about a drummer from a failed 80's band that joins a high school band to live his dreams of becoming a rock superstar. It stars Rainn Wilson as Robert Fishman, the drummer who joins the band. Superbad's gorgeous Emma Stone also stars and even Will Arnett has a cameo, too. I'm not sure this is going to be one of the best comedies of the summer, but I definitely think it'll be one of those better-than-the-others comedies. It also reminds me a lot of Hot Rod but with Rainn Wilson as a rockstar instead of Andy Samberg. Take a look at the badass new trailer below and let us know what you think! Source: www.firstshowing.net

No comments :