WEIRDLAND: Maggie in a Batman sequel?

Friday, February 16, 2007

Maggie in a Batman sequel?


No Katie Holmes, Penguin in Dark Knight

"Good news: Warner Bros. decides to remove the one factor that slowed down Batman Begins. Bad news: There'll be no Penguin!

Katie Holmes will not appear in The Dark Knight, the sequel to Batman Begins. Also, there will be no Oswald Cobblepot (a.k.a. The Penguin) in the sequel, Latino Review says. There are no details on why Holmes will not return as Rachel Dawes, but Latino Review confirms that the character will return in the film without her. It also reports that Matt Damon passed on a role in the film; that of Harvey (Two Face) Dent. Other actors who have been approached with the role of the Gotham City D.A. turned psycho-criminal are Josh Lucas, Jamie Foxx and Ed Norton.

Pre-production began Jan. 11 according to Production Weekly"
Source: www.Comicbookmovie.com

"El Mayimbe here with news from THE REAL DARK KNIGHT CENTRAL or as we Latinos call it THE DARK KNIGHT BODEGA!Anyway...WE first reported Eckhart...WE first reported Maggie...I won't even bring up Heath......and now it looks like Maggie Gyllenhaal will be the new Rachel Dawes! Confirmed by two of my strongest on the money sources."

Source: www.Latinoreview.com

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

it pisses me off that all the batman fanboys refer to Katie Holmes as the worst thing about Batman Begins!!
I saw that film because i like Nolan's work in "Memento" but i doubt i'll ever watch any film of his after BB..it's one of the most annoying,boring,ridiculously scripted films i've ever seen.
Bale was totally wrong for the part and gave one of his most wooden perfomances.
I thought Katie Holmes did a fine job (considering the really badly written dialogue).At least she acted with a bit of emotion!!

I hope Maggie doesn't sign for The Dark Knight.I really don't get why Heath decided to be in it.

Elena said...

Girl, don't be so hard on Nolan, I bet "The Prestige" is at worse interesting, I'm going to watch it tomorrow. And I'll tell...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Maggie wants to take on a ligher role after a couple of pretty serious ones? I have not seen a Batman movie since the very first one with Christopher Reeves (RIP) and I cannot remember a thing about it really!

Elena said...

Christopher Reeves was Superman!The first Batman movie I remember is "Batman" (1989), starred by Michael Keaton.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, sacriledge on my part..! (See how much I know?!)

Elena said...

It's allright, Penny Lane, just a lapsus!

Anonymous said...

any news on "prestige"?
i'm anxious to hear your thoughts on this ;)

Elena said...

I watched "The Prestige" and I confess having a renewed crush on Christian Bale. It would be a good idea making a review of the film, in a "Off-Topic" post.

Anonymous said...

it would be great to read your review :)